Monday, June 23, 2008

My source of adventure!

First off, a few funny (or not so funny) stories about Talmage lately. I need to post a picture but Talmage has blankets taped all around his crib. He has figured out how to stand up, which is fine, but then he proceeds to chew up his crib. It is a mess. Bite marks everywhere! Now he can bite the blankets!
The other morning was a poopy morning to say the least, and quite literally. I woke up to Talmage yelling for me and went in only to discover that he had a poopy diaper. If only it ended there. No, it was all over his jammies, up his back. On his blankets, sheet, bumper pad, and crib railings. Needless to say I put him in the bath immediately and set to work doing laundry and airing out his room.
Talmage has taken off crawling lately and with that he seems to find more trouble. After the bath mentioned in the previous story, I was letting him crawl around while I cleaned up. Well, he made it into the bathroom and fell INTO the tub. It was empty but still a little wet. He wasn't hurt just a little surprised and wet. Guess I better keep that door closed.
With summer here and it being so hot outside, I have introduced Talmage to Popsicles and snow cones. With that, he has also discovered brain freeze! He will want me to give him bite after bite and gets mad if I try to put some space between bites, then he starts whimpering and I conclude that it is brain freeze. Don't worry, once it passes he want more. Just like all of us do.
Life in the fast lane of an almost one year old is good. Sometimes I just have to take a step back and enjoy these little moments because they can be overwhelming in the moment. Thanks for letting me share. Good luck with all of yours. Oh and one last thought that I needed yesterday. Motherhood is the errand of the Lord, therefore we are entitled to his help. I know I need it!

2 comments:

Megan Ford said...

It was so fun being at your house this week. It made me realize how much I really miss you. Can we please hang out? Talmage is sooo cute! I would love to get to know your hubby and Trever is pretty cool so you guys would probably like him. But, can you possibly change the spelling of his name to trevEr instead of Or? its a common mistake...love you thanks. : )

Megan Ford said...

PS I left a long post for Leeah on her blog to let her know that Trever could help her out with rain gutter amongst other things. Let her know that is there and I am not a crazy. Thanks again. Love you so.